Please read the briefing below and review all attachments to familiarize yourself with parking, check in and start procedures.
- Please arrive early to Fort Baker as parking opens at 0600 and check in will open at 0615. Check in closes at 0715.
- At check in you will be body marked, get a color coded cap.
- Pre race brief will begin at 0715. Please listen carefully to instructions for following the course buoys and emergency procedures.
- You’ll be boarding a boat to transport you to the swim start.
- Boats leave for Kirby Cove at 0745
- Please do not enter the water until instructed to do so, there will be a head count before entering the water.
Items to bring
- Wetsuit-mandatory unless cleared by Ryan Nelson and Rory O’Connor PRIOR to race morning.
- Towel and blanket for finish
- Please bring all fundraising checks/cash in sealed and marked envelope to check in.
- We will have an early check in on Saturday evening from 4-7pm at TBD
- Please read the attached emergency procedures and also the kayak brief. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these procedures.
Remember to join us at the race party (location TBD) featuring food, and beer provided by Iron Spring Brewery, plus an awards ceremony. Entry wristbands for friends and family will be available at early check in, the finish area for $15 each.